Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 October 2010

Read what our graduates think of camp



Pip Henderson, 42, a performer (pictured front doing the splits!)lost 9lbs
'I signed up after a leaflet dropped through my door when I was feeling really miserable about my shape, weight, lack of fitness and lifestyle. I was desperate for change and FitBitch seemed just the thing as it was women only and promised something new every day.
It was the best decision I've ever made; every session I felt like I had my own personal trainer as the instruction and encouragement was so individual. And true to Rachael's promise every day was different – even Space Hopper and group skipping on one day which made me forget I was even exercising.
As for the eating plan,it has taught me that eating healthily is about exploring new foods, not elimination. Even when I was wavering at home, I'd get personalised support and encouragement via Twitter.
Rachael told me at the start that she'd have me running 5k by the end and I thought she was mad. Unbelievably I did it and have now even signed up for the Lisbon Half Marathon with FitBitch!
I've spent nearly 40 years looking for solutions to getting fit and in shape only to find the answer in four weeks!
I can't describe how much FitBitch has changed my life. It has been the best money I've ever spent. I can not thank you enough!'

Anna Moore, 36, editor, (5th from left)
I booked FitBitch in a bid to boost my fitness and improve my running although I was really nervous about starting. I shouldn't have worried as the sessions were brilliant fun and so varied. At the end of every session, I felt like I'd exercised all my muscles!
Because the camps are small, I was confident that I was doing everything properly as everything was corrected so I learned so much.
I have loved every minute of the camp, including exercising outdoors no matter what the weather and seeing the sun rise. It's been beautiful.
For me, FitBitch has been brilliant value for money, I loved seeing daily photographs of the camp on Twitter which really helped to bond as even more as group. And being able to tweet Rachael whenever I had a question about diet or home work exercise makes FitBitch so much more than a camp but a one to one service. We finished camp running the Hove Park 5k – it was amazing and summed up the whole spirit of FitBitch – challenging but incredibly rewarding and fun.'

Jenny Hands, 26, a massage therapist, (first left) lost 9lbs
I booked FitBitch boot camp because I was putting on 2lbs a week and I felt I needed help with my diet and exercising. At first, it was tough but I soon realised that with Rachael's encouragement I was accomplishing things I'd thought I wouldn't be able to do.
Having to keep a food diary and receiving a written assessment was scary but it completely summed up where I was going wrong on my diet. And I couldn't believe how much I could eat by following the FitBitch eating principles and still lose weight!
Before I started I worried about the price of the camp, but I nowrealise I haven't just received four weeks of fitness training but a life time of good advice for a healthy and improved lifestyle. Thank you so much, I could never have achieved it without FitBitch.

Kate Gibson, 45, a project worker, (far right)
I joined FitBitch because I was edging towards my mid forties and felt unfit and out of shape.
I thought there was little I could do about my weight and it was part of getting older but getting a written report on my diet highlighted the bad habits I'd got stuck in. And I learned so many new exercises in camp, as well as re-acquainting my self with ones from my childhood like skipping which I loved.
I've been doing camp now for 10 months and every one is different. In the mean time my shape has changed completely, and I was able to wear a bikini for the first time in 15 years this summer.
It's been life changing and worth every single penny.

Sarah Stevenson, 34, a charity events organiser (3rd from right)
I was sceptical about the difference a four week camp could make to my fitness or diet at the beginning, but I'm now a total convert. Every session was such a lot of fun with stimulating, different exercises. I left every day on a complete endorphin high! I've learned lots of new exercises and it's taught me so much about the healthy way to eat. I'm already missing it a week on!

2 comments:

  1. Good.
    We are hear to share a Life style topics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic site, you should check out the race my boot camp are training for the Spartan Race http://www.spartanrace.com

    ReplyDelete